- This event has passed.
Men Growing Through Our Grief: Men’s Support Group
June 1 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Men Growing Through Our Grief – a new EricsHouse Men’s Group for 2021
STARTING TUESDAY, JUNE 1st 2021
END DATE IS TUESDAY, JULY 27th 2021
Loss of a loved one is devastating. It can drive us into isolation. It defies all the cultural norms we (especially men) subject ourselves to – don’t cry, man up, move on . . . but it’s not that easy. While the pain of our losses may never lessen, it is possible for us to find purpose and meaning in a new version of our lives – to grow around and through our grief.
- Encountering pain
- Embracing change
- Exploring our assumptions about life
- Finding a new inner balance with no endpoints
EricsHouse is offering a new Men’s Group, starting Tuesday, June 1st 2021 specifically for Men ready to explore their personal grief journey. We will base our conversation around the 4th, 5th, & 6th Needs of Mourners as defined by Dr. Alan Wolfelt (Develop a New Self Identity, Search for Meaning, and Receive [and Give] Ongoing Support from Others). We will identify new, individual goals free from the self-imposed limitations of our lives before our losses and support one another in attaining them.
‘Growing Through Our Grief’ Men’s Group structure:
- Closed group (membership is fixed at the first meeting, limited duration [8 weeks]) 6/1, 6/8, 6/15, 6/22, no meeting 6/29, 7/6, 7/13, 7/20, & 7/27.
- Lead facilitator – Greg Eckerman; Co-facilitator – Ken Slesarik
- 12 members, max (including the facilitators)
- 8 meetings, once per week
- Focus on identifying personal growth goals; assessing where we are in our grief journeys and what our most significant individual needs are; and committing to initial steps to get from where we are to where we hope to be
The group is planned as a combined Zoom/Face-to-face meeting format depending on the locales of members. For local members, we will meet at EricsHouse (7801 N Invergordon Pl., Paradise Valley, AZ). Meeting times will be set based on member locale as well – if we have remote members (attending via Zoom) on the East Coast, we will meet weekly on Tuesday’s from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM, Arizona-time (8-9:30 PM, EST).
Cost for this Men’s Group will be $45, reading materials and a journal. Please contact Greg Eckerman at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if this is the right group for you.