OUTREACH & PREVENTION
ALCOHOL, DRUGS, AND SUICIDE TAKE MORE LIVES THAN WAR MURDER, AND NATURAL DISASTERS COMBINED.
Suicide affects people from all walks of life. There are more than 43,000 suicide deaths each year in the United States.
One in every six Americans is touched by suicide. There are approximately 121 suicides per day and for every death, there are 25 attempts. Many more go unreported.
There are over 80,000 addiction-related deaths each year in the US. Eighty percent of all suicides have an addiction component.
Substance abuse is the 2nd leading cause of accidental death in the US. Of the 52,000 deaths, 32,000 are the result of opioid and heroin addiction.
EricsHouse partners with local and national organizations to help bring awareness to the severity of the problem and to reduce the stigma associated with these deaths.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- Maricopa County Suicide & Crisis Hotline 1-800-631-1314 or 602-222-9444
- Teen Life Line 602-248-TEEN (8336)
- Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)
- More resources are listed here: https://www.azahcccs.gov/BehavioralHealth/crisis.html
- American Association of Suicidology (AAS), http://www.suicidology.org/
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, https://afsp.org/
- DrugRehab.com, https://www.drugrehab.com/guides/suicide-risks/
- Kevin’s Song, http://kevinssong.org/
- National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention, http://actionallianceforsuicideprevention.org/
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ , 1-800-273-8255
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (SAVE), https://save.org/
- Survivors of Suicide, http://www.survivorsofsuicide.com/
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center, http://www.sprc.org/
- The Dave Nee Foundation, http://www.daveneefoundation.org/
- The Jed Foundation, https://www.jedfoundation.org/
- Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program, https://yellowribbon.org/
- AboveTheInfluence.com, http://abovetheinfluence.com/
- Addiction Group, https://www.addictiongroup.org/drugs/
- DrugRehab.com, https://www.drugrehab.com/addiction/alcohol/
- Heroin.net, http://heroin.net/
- National Coalition Against Prescription Drug Abuse, https://ncapda.org/
- National Institute on Drug Abuse, https://www.drugabuse.gov/
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids, https://drugfree.org/
- Recovery.org, http://www.recovery.org/
- Scottsdale Recovery Center, https://scottsdalerecovery.com
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, https://www.samhsa.gov/, 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Affordable Colleges Online “Guide to Managing Grief while in College”,https://www.affordablecolleges
- Alive Alone, http://www.alivealone.org/
- Bradley University, Tips & Resources for Helping Veterans with PTSD, https://onlinedegrees.bradley.edu/counseling/veterans-with-ptsd/
- Grief Haven, http://www.griefhaven.org/index-firstpage.shtml
- Military Coins USA, https://www.militarycoinsusa.com/blog/understanding-ptsd-in-military-veterans
- National Alliance on Mental Illness, https://www.nami.org/
- National Institute of Mental Health, https://www.nimh.nih.gov/index.shtml
- SingleCare, “What is PTSD?”, https://www.singlecare.com/blog/what-is-ptsd/
- The Compassionate Friends, http://www.compassionatefriends.org/
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, https://www.taps.org/
- Understanding a Veteran with PTSD, https://online.maryville.edu/online-bachelors-degrees/psychology/understanding-a-veteran-with-ptsd/
- Veteran’s Crisis Line 1-800-273-TALK (8255) www.veteranscrisisline.net Connects veterans in crisis (and their families and friends) with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders.
Emmaus For Grieving Parents. www.emfgp.org